Nov 16, 2010

Inspiration: Cozy Rustic Kitchen

It's been raining for about two days straight now. Actually, raining isn't the right word...It's more like a dreary blanket of mist that envelopes everything, yet magically lifts at night, only to return right when I wake up. But anyway, this sort of weather has me longing to be curled up in a cozy kitchen, like the one above from Coastal Living. I usually don't go for a strong rustic look, but what I like here is the way the architects gave the kitchen island re-interpreted cabriole legs, painted white. It offers a jolt of modern style that lightens up the entire room. And it would be so easy to adapt this look to your home--just paint the legs of a table in a contrasting color. I'd even do it to a pedestal table, like Ikea's Liatorp model.

Image via Coastal Living

No comments:

Post a Comment